Tuesday, 13 December 2011

The Cadbury adverts

In 2007 Cadbury came out with this advert of a Gorilla playing the drums to Phil Collins' song 'in the air tonight' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzFRV1LwIo which sparked of a sequence of odd, but strangely captivating adverts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVblWq3tDwY&feature=related
The eyebrows one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk4U2uJuFAI
The clothes one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a37MnPcc9Ok
Spots vs stripes fish battle

I think these adverts really work for Cadbury, even though it doesn't really say anything about the product, but because it shows alot of personality and isn't openly trying to sell anything, which I think people appreciate that once in a while. I think it's important to get across personality because then people can identify with it more, and don't find it so intimidating. In these adverts you see the fun but also the dedication in them, because people have obviously thought alot about them and had fun making them.

No comments:

Post a Comment