Monday, 12 December 2011

Videos I think are interesting

In search for some inspiration, I have been looking at a variety of videos, such as adverts and trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEZK7mJoPLY
The opening credits from Se7en. I think this does a really good job in setting the tone of the whole film, it makes it very creepy and sinister. I also think it shows how editing can be used to great effect as it only uses short clips of things the guy is doing (such as writing and sewing the pages of the books and developing pictures), and it interjects them with single frames of things like pictures and pages and stuff, which I think creates a very uneasy feeling in the video as a whole as your not entirely sure what your seeing, you just know it's horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxg4aCdRAMo
This is tv spot for the channel premier of the film Watchmen on channel 4 in the summer. I just remembered it as I really liked the song, which shows the power the soundtrack can have on a video. I felt that it made the film have a really tragic feel, it made it feel very melancholic and generally a bit odd (which is what the film is like really).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ve4M4UsJQo
Advert for the Honda Accord which has all the parts make a chain which showcases the car, basically saying that it all works together as as well as showing off a few bits (like the windscreen wipers which work automatically when water gets on the windscreen). I think it just shows how a simply shot video can keep a person watching with the right amount of tension. It's also very memorable. But all Honda adverts are great (except the choir one, that was their worst)

No comments:

Post a Comment