Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Evaluation

I think on the whole my video is alright. I think I managed to come up with a pretty good concept considering I didn't have any idea what to do for it and was reluctant to take inspiration with a lot of the kinds of videos we'd seen as I really didn't want to make it cheesy. I like the idea of having the shot of me taking a picture, but I think maybe it would have been better if I could've gotten a better shutter noise to dub over the top, as I didn't want to use the one in iMovie as I thought that sounded very fake, which it was. I wish that I had more time to come to grips with the software as I think I could've made the video flow better, I also wish I had a better quality of video (I used a Nikon D5100) and I think, even when I had the video in iMovie, that the quality wasn't what I expected, but that could've been me, as I didn't really know how to use the camera. I also found that when I exported the video it reduced the quality of my pictures quite a lot which was again not expecting as I had it as a large file, which was quite disappointing. I think that if I did this again I wouldn't change my idea I don't think, because I was quite pleased with it, but I would, however, make sure I understand the programme I'm using because I made a lot of mistakes because I was more or less making it up as I went along. I would also make more effort to get a better quality camera because after looking at some other peoples videos, I thought mine could've looked better, a little more professional. I chose the music, Bad Day by REM, because I think it's a really good song, but also I think that it's saying alot about what I think of photography, as in, it's saying about how it can be very intrusive, and it can very depressing (from a news and press view). Overall, I think I did quite well with coming up with an idea which I could use over the years, because I could change the pictures as my work develops and perhaps it would become more focused on one type of photography (press/nature or something). I could also change the videos of me with the different projects and keep the video structure in tact.

No comments:

Post a Comment